How to Map a Generic Group so to Be Able to Select It for Tagging in TextiQ? | XM Community
Solved

How to Map a Generic Group so to Be Able to Select It for Tagging in TextiQ?

• 3 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

I added a second source to an existing dashboard. In this new/ second data source, I created a new generic group consolidating 5 open-ended fields since need to have the text from all open-ended fields in one on which to perform the tagging. This generic group cannot be mapped though despite the 5 underlying fields being mapped (please see the screenshot). Respectively cannot find the consolidated field in TextiQ for tagging.

Could you please, advise how could create a consolidated open-text variable that to be accessible for tagging in the Dashboard TextiQ?

Thank you in advance,

V

icon

Best answer by Eumetis 3 July 2023, 15:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi, 

You could try concatenating all the open ended fields into one master open ended field in Data and analysis (using field editor). You should then be able to do text analysis using that one field.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you very much for the guidance @Eumetis!

I managed to create a new consolidated field and mapped (as embedded data, that was the only possible way) it but it’s still not visible from the drop-down menu in Text iQ field - just its constituent fields are available for selection. Data seems updated, i.e. I don’t think it requires time to be visible. 

Do you what else could be the issue?

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you very much for the guidance @Eumetis!

I managed to create a new consolidated field and mapped (as embedded data, that was the only possible way) it but it’s still not visible from the drop-down menu in Text iQ field - just its constituent fields are available for selection. Data seems updated, i.e. I don’t think it requires time to be visible. 

Do you what else could be the issue?

Thank you in advance!

Hi did you map the embedded data on the dashboard as open text field type? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Yes, open text field type. The text just appeared under the name of the same/ similar field from the first data source (put them on the same row, so could be consolidated with the same widgets). 

Thanks a lot for your responsiveness and help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Yes, open text field type. The text just appeared under the name of the same/ similar field from the first data source (put them on the same row, so could be consolidated with the same widgets). 

Thanks a lot for your responsiveness and help!

Could you send a screenshot of the mapping (please redact any sensitive data). It should be available something like this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Attached are two screenshots - from Dashboard data and Text iQ tabs. In the latter, the newly-created field “Consolidated...” is not available from the Field drop-down menu. Still, it’s all fine since under Summary I have access to the text from the field created with concatenation. 

Thank you once again!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

And the screenshots

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

And the screenshots

Hi,

If you want to have a separate field showing up in the textiq you would have to map the embedded data separately in a new field else it would be available under the field summary only. Hope that was helpful! :) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Yes, realized it and it was helpful. Thank you :-)

Leave a Reply