Info submitted in the authenticator to retrieve in the data export | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

If I add an authenticator in the survey in a way that I want participant to do the survey upon the entry of a password. Let’s suppose one participant as to enter 12345 to enter the survey as it is the info for the corresponding ‘recipiendexternaldatareference’.

When I do the ‘Export data’ in qualtrics can I retrieve in the exported file this information, namely for each participant the password they entered in the survey. I tried one export, but could not find this info, maybe there are some options I need to set.

@ale9992 Usually password respondent type in Authenticator do not get saved due to security risk. However, you already authenticating it with External Reference, so just check Metadata - External Reference

where is Metadata - External Reference? Is it a variable saved in the export data?

I am basically using the password they enter (e.g., 12345) as a sort of ID for participants. Thus I need ‘12345’ to be saved somewhere in the export. Otherwise I need to add a question in which I ask them to self-report this ID, but it might be prone to error 

@ale9992 Hold on, did you already have the participant list and using the Authenticator element to be a security layer?
Then it will be right here and yes, it will be there in the export.

Leave a Reply