Looking for a way to identify survey responses that require follow up | XM Community

Looking for a way to identify survey responses that require follow up

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 31 replies

Does anyone have a process to identify survey responses that require follow up that you can share?
For example, a respondent says - please have someone contact me or I need someone to contact me.
It would be great if there was a text iQ starter pack with a Topic for responses that require follow up, maybe there is and I haven't found it?
Thanks,
Tim

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

If your intention is not just to flag the comments in TextIQ to report how many need follow up, but to make them actionable, I would suggest :

1. create a branch step in the survey flow, following the pertinent open end, that branches such that if (open end question) "contains" (contact me OR call me OR email me OR contact us OR call us OR email us OR please reply OR your response (etc - also include similar in other languages as applicable)) -- and tell Qualtrics to ignore case. Then

2. under that, create an embedded field (Text Set) for those that indicate follow up is needed.

Now you have an indicator that you can use for filtering your open end responses AND one you could potentially use (a) to ask a follow up question to confirm if they really do want a follow up (if you are not asking that anyway, to manage call volume) and/or (b) to trigger a workflow step for the appropriate team to follow up.
Note that you can use similar language in TextIQ to that used in the survey flow (as noted above) to define the pertinent follow up keywords.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Carol,
This survey has already closed so my intent is to use TextiQ or some tool to identify the survey responses that require follow up. However the next time I send out the survey I may use the approach you suggested. Thank you very much!
In the meantime, I see a format like this in a TextiQ starter pack - "lead | reputation | brand strength | "request for information" | RFI | RFP | "request for proposal" | banner | marketing | ad | advert | mktg | advertise | advertisement | banner | promote | promotion | brand | "org" | curious | interest | "hear more" | (want buy)~5"
Does this format also work in TextiQ - "contains" (contact me OR call me OR email me OR contact us OR call us OR email us OR please reply OR your response) ? Maybe OR is the same as |?
Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

OR is the same as | :)
But use whatever format you are most comfortable with!

Leave a Reply