Text IQ feature filtered by 'country' variable - Options | XM Community

Text IQ feature filtered by 'country' variable - Options

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey colleagues,
Hope you are well.
I wonder it it would be possible to filter by 'country in the Text IQ functionality so each country user can access to their 'open comments' analysis in the Text IQ feature and not only overall. I am going to try to explain what we need:

• We have created a survey where open ended questions are asked. A codeframe with parent topics and subtopics has been created and works pretty well.

• We have different level of users who enter into the Dashboards. These users have access to the overall results for all countries but also can filter by country. For instance 'german' users have access to the overall results and more in detail to results in Germany.

• There is a 'country' filter in the Dashboard that lets users filter by country. When this filter is applied the Text IQ widgets are aso filtered by this variable, ok.

• We would like that in addition to the Text IQ widgets already included, give user the chance to look into the 'Text IQ feature' to look more in detail.

Now it seems there is not possible to filter results in 'Text IQ' module, correct? It seems that now a user that has access to all results cannot filter by 'country' or other variables (see image):
Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 13.22.13.pngAlso we have tried to create a dedicated 'Role' in the 'User Admin' tab in Dashboards per country. For instance it means restricting the data that for the Spanish users so they can only view Dashboard results for its country 'country=es'.
Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 13.20.32.png
By doing so, we thought Dashboards results will be filtered also for the 'Text IQ' functionality but, althought the dashboard is correctly filtered by 'country=es', the 'Text IQ' feature does not appear in the bar menú:
Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 13.31.16.pngIs there anything we're doing incorrectly? Is there a way to create filter or 'user roles' that let these users to use and filter results in the Text IQ feature (not in the Text IQ widgets where it works)?
Thanks for your response!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/23248/text-iq-feature-filtered-by-country-variable-optionsTotally agree this is necessary and would be so helpful! I'm sure there are specific topics/themes/trends that would pop out when filtered by country, especially when you have a large sample size. These trends/topics are likely diluted when included in the full data set.You might consider adding it as a product idea!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks CMurph, but it means that there is no a way to do it right now? Even by using the 'User roles? or similar? Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

VictorAV , not that we've been able to find, but maybe someone will answer with a creative solution!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks CMurph, I will include as a 'Product idea' and as you said, if someone has a good idea, it would be great! 😉

Badge +1

Hi, is there any update to this functionality? I need this as well - thank you for your feedback!

Leave a Reply