Update dashboard data query | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi everyone,
I have a bit of a unique use case. I manage our product research program through Qualtrics and when our users sign up we've linked the data to a dashboard. This helps us find how many users use x products and so on really quickly and easily. I'd like to be able to survey our current program members with a new survey to update the details we have about them as this hasn't ever been done in a few years.
I know how to update embedded data but is it possible to update dashboard response data? At the moment if I link the new survey to the dashboard it shows up as a new user but I don't want to create new response, I want to update an old one. Are there any solutions which means I don't need to manually go through deleting response data from the old survey?
I've read through this help article but I'm not too sure if this is exactly what I'm after.
Pulling Data Into a Second Survey (Longitudinal Surveys)Thanks for your help. :)

There may be a way to do that through webservice api workflow task. You'd need to pass the response id to the new survey so you can update the appropriate response.
I have someone doing this through standalone api calls outside of Qualtrics workflows, so assuming you can accomplish the same through this.
Look up API support pages on Qualtrics to get the syntax, etc.

Leave a Reply