EX dashboard Filters | XM Community
Solved

EX dashboard Filters

• 11 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is it possible to give filter access for only one particular leader in EX employee engagement dashboard?

icon

Best answer by TimR 12 January 2024, 01:03

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

If I’m guessing it correctly! then yes, you can assign participant role to access dashboard pages. Refer below link.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/employee-experience/creating-ee-project/participants-tab/roles-ee/#RolePermissions

pardon me if you are looking for something else. then please elaborate more.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi  @ArunDubey Thanks for your quick response,

In dashboard I hided filters for all the participants but as per our requirement we need to show filters for one particular person. Is it possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Hi  @ArunDubey Thanks for your quick response,

In dashboard I hided filters for all the participants but as per our requirement we need to show filters for one particular person. Is it possible?

Hi @sahana , yes, you can create group and move that person in new group. And what ever permission you want to assign to group. You can.. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @ArunDubey ,

I created the group to give access permission to dashboard but they not able to see the filters.

could you please tell which is the option to give access for filters.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @ArunDubey ,

Here I created a group and given dashboard permission in this option which is related to filters please help me out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I’m sure, edit the dashboard permission will allow him to view and use and edit filters as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Sahana,

Am I understanding your original request correctly - only one dashboard viewer will have access to page filters on a particular EX dashboard?

If so, then this is achievable by making all the fields that you set as page filters to be “Sensitive fields”. Check the sensitive fields box in your “Dashboard data” page.

Then, make sure to add that person to a role (the ONLY dashboard viewer role) with the “Can view sensitive fields” permission enabled. No other dashboard viewer roles should have this permission.

I would NOT recommend enabling the “Edit the dashboard” permission if you do not want them to have all the capabilities that entails.

Note

1. I differentiated between dashboard viewers and dashboard editors. I assume your dashboard editors will also want to have the capability, so just make sure none of your other roles for dashboard viewers have the “Can view sensitive fields” permission enabled.
  2. Sensitive fields are all or nothing. You can’t assign visibility to some fields to one group and visibility to other fields to a different group. A field is either sensitive or not, and a dashboard viewer can either view ALL or NONE of those sensitive fields.
  3. Be mindful of this note from Qualtrics support:
    Brand Administrators and EX Administrators will be able to view sensitive fields regardless of their dashboard permission. Please note that these users will not be able to filter by sensitive fields if not given this permission, but will still be able to see sensitive field information in the widgets.
    That note was on this support page.
  4. Do a proxy login to these different dashboard viewer/editor experiences to confirm everything is as you need it to be: (1) the editors, (2) this one dashboard viewer with filter visibility, and (3) another dashboard viewer WITHOUT the filter visibility.
  5. Lastly, I’d suggest taking a look at the “Filter Interactions” section from this page.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @TimR 

Thanks for your best answer I tried the given steps it’s working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Thanks for detail explanation. @TimR !! it is really helpful..

Leave a Reply