How To Filter a Dashboard by Common Topics Across Questions? | XM Community
Question

How To Filter a Dashboard by Common Topics Across Questions?

• 21 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I’m currently working on a dashboard for a recent survey. The survey included two free-response questions: one asking about positive aspects and the other about areas for improvement. To analyze the responses effectively, I created Text iQ topics that are consistent across both questions.

However, I’m facing a challenge: I want to filter the page to display only responses that include a specific topic. Currently, I can only filter by one question’s topics. Since respondents often provide pros and cons related to different topics, comparing specific topics becomes tricky. I believe this feature would be valuable in other dashboards as well. Does anyone have suggestions on how to achieve this without filtering each individual widget?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

One option could be create a field in the data and analysis tab that is combination of topics from all the relevant questions. You could then use this field to filter for a particular topic. 

Badge +1

Hi, you can export the responses for both the questions and create a 3rd questions to import these combined responses and then run the text IQ for this 3rd question, now you can use this filter which will also apply on both the original questions on the dashboard.

Leave a Reply