Mapping Org Hierarchy | XM Community
Question

Mapping Org Hierarchy

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am trying to show comparisons in a dashboard for 2 engagement projects. When I am trying to map my hierarchy (2024 hierarchy to 2023), everytime I try and map across names, it breaks the mapping apart. What am I doing wrong? When I press Save and Continue even after mapping one at a time, it never saves my new mappings. Right now, I have 10 unmapped units and I can’t see the dashboard comparisons until they’re all mapped.

2 replies

Badge

I am trying to show comparisons in a dashboard for 2 engagement projects. When I am trying to map my hierarchy (2024 hierarchy to 2023), everytime I try and map across names, it breaks the mapping apart. What am I doing wrong? When I press Save and Continue even after mapping one at a time, it never saves my new mappings. Right now, I have 10 unmapped units and I can’t see the dashboard comparisons until they’re all mapped.

It could be a glitch in the system preventing the mappings from saving. Try checking if there are any error messages or if the system logs any issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@jdeady 

Did you try to do this steps

1. Check for Consistency: Ensure that the hierarchy structures for both 2024 and 2023 are consistent and match each other as closely as possible. Any discrepancies between the structures could cause issues with mapping.

2. Verify Data Format: Double-check that the data format (e.g., text, numbers) for the names in both hierarchies is the same. Sometimes small differences in formatting can cause mapping errors.

3. Mapping Process: Instead of mapping all units at once, try mapping them one at a time and saving after each mapping. This can help isolate any specific units causing the issue and ensure that the mappings are saved properly.

4. Browser Compatibility: Ensure that you're using a compatible browser with Qualtrics. Sometimes using an outdated or unsupported browser can lead to functionality issues.

5. Clear Cache and Cookies: Clear your browser's cache and cookies and then try mapping again. Sometimes old data stored in the browser can interfere with the mapping process.

6. Contact Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Qualtrics support for assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance or troubleshoot the issue further.

Leave a Reply