Messaging Issue With Lifecycles | XM Community
Question

Messaging Issue With Lifecycles

• 28 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

Ran into a major issue with my lifecycle surveys this week. I have added metadata fields in the past to employees by utilizing a .CSV with First Name, Last Name, User Name, email and the metadata fields as needs for my dashboard users have changed (adding new business area tags, rehire/new hire fields etc). Last week, I updated our New Hire survey’s date fields (original hire date and latest hire date) as some of our older data did not have the proper format (many were missing the leading zeros which was causing problems with a workflow calculation we use to identify rehires). This week, our system attempted to send a message to ALL of the employees who I had updated metadata in the participant file. When I uploaded my .CSV, the system showed that it had parsed 20k employees, but had not added anyone. I am not sure why their invitation status reset, but Qualtrics is treating them as new participants even though they have all received an invitation and almost all of them already had responses in the system. Has anyone else run into this? 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

We figured out the issue after speaking with the Qualtrics Support team. When we updated the type on our dates from text to dates, the system registered those as new metadata entries for that field (even though the characters ahdn’t changed, the data type had). We allow retakes on our new hire survey to capture rehires and we use the latest hire date field changes to determine if someone is eligible to retake the survey. So, even though we did not alter the actual dates (a start date of 03/03/2003 still read the same), changing the type triggered this retake eligibility. Does anyone have experience with marking participants as having received an invitation (such as adding historical candidates etc) without the system sending them an invite? I have about 10k employees still marked as eligible and I do not want them to receive an invite when the automation goes live again. 

Leave a Reply