Can my study participants send an email via Qualtrics if they are asked to do so? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Can my study participants send an email via Qualtrics if they are asked to do so?

• 27 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I am designing an experimental study in Qualtrics in which I want to measure a variable objectively. The best way to measure it is to ask my participants to write a testimonial and send those testimonials to a real email address. This is a portion of data collection through Qualtrics. I am wondering if my participants can send email if I ask them to do so via Qualtrics.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Haimanti

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @Haimanti 

If you have Workflows, you should be able to do this pretty easily. Select Start when an Event is Received and choose the “Survey Response” event. This will start the workflow each time a survey response is recorded. Then select the “Send an Email” task. If you have them enter the email address and message, you can use Pipe text to automatically set up the email sends.  

This does assume that the testimonial email can be sent after the completion of the survey. You can also set up conditions in the workflow in case you have the option to not send an email - simply conditionally only let those sending emails pass through. 

Badge +9

Perhaps you can consider File Upload Question to ask your participant to upload the testimonial file during the survey.

Then, either option below:

1) you can download the user submitted files by exporting before emailing all of the files to the real email address at once. However, this is done manually.

2) use the workflow to send an email with piped text of the uploaded file to the real email address when a new response is created. However, this will require the owner of real email address to download the file one by one through each email and may cause huge flux of email into the owner’s email.

File Upload Question (qualtrics.com)

Exporting Response Data (qualtrics.com)

Workflows Basic Overview (qualtrics.com)

Badge +1

@nryalls Thank you so much for the guidance. This was very helpful!

Badge +1

@Chee Heng_SZ I find this a great way to get responses from participants. Thank you so much for your guidance!

Leave a Reply