How can I use embedded data from Salesforce Workflow rule? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have set up a Salesforce workflow rule and successfully used it to send an email (XM Directory/Distribute Survey) but I have not been able to save and use embedded data in my survey as outlined here;
Triggering & Emailing Surveys in Salesforce or Updating Contacts in QualtricsI have copied the field names exactly from the "Included fields from Salesforce" list and moved Set Embedded Data to be the first element in my survey flow but it is not working.
Can anyone offer any guidance?

I struggled with this through my first couple of Salesforce integrations in Qualtrics and now follow these steps:
In the Distribute Survey task, Add or remove embedded data fields

Screenshot 2022-02-08 091516.pngHere you create the Embedded Data Field - I usually just drop the "__c" from the Salesforce API name (tough to see in this screenshot) :
Screenshot 2022-02-08 091550.pngThen it's over to the Survey flow where if I recall correctly you must use the same case as in the previous step:
Screenshot 2022-02-08 091641.pngIs this the right or best way to do it? I don't know but it works. The Qualtrics documentation deserves a review and rewrite by a real technical writer.

Chet, thank you for your thoughtful and detailed response. I had tried that and it didn't work, but as I was writing this response I realized why. It needs to be an Individual link to pull in the data from the contact list.
link-type.pngIt is working as expected now.
Thanks

Leave a Reply