Finding the F-Value in ANOVA Tests? | XM Community

Finding the F-Value in ANOVA Tests?

• 12 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Good afternoon,
My apologies for bothering, but I have been using Stats iQ to conduct the One-Way ANOVA tests for my thesis project, due to this being my first major quantitative research project. For the most part it has been going well, except for one thing I need to know that it won't display: the F-Value.
My thesis needs to be in APA formatting, and I need to give the F-Value for each of my statistical tests as a part of that. However, Stats iQ doesn't display the F-Value on any of the analyses it conducts, instead skipping straight to displaying Cohen's f and the P-Value. Is there a way I can get it to display the F-Value, or at least calculate it myself using the P-Value and my sample size or something like that?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi, I'm not very well versed on Anova but did you try looking at the support pages (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/stats-iq/analyses/statistical-test-assumptions-technical-details/#ANOVA)? If you need an accurate answer you can contact Qualtrics support as well from the question mark symbol in your Qualtrics account home page (top right corner).

Badge

Hello, I too am looking for the answer to the question above about finding the F-value for ANOVAs performed by Qualtrics. It is common practice to report ANOVAs with an F value, Degrees of Freedom and a p value, with an effect size if you choose. Qualtrics, however, only provides a p value and effect size, rendering the analysis useless since it is unreportable.  I have contacted Qualtrics Help twice now and am waiting for a response (since 17 Oct).  Hopefully they will get back to me, but in the meantime, does anyone know where to find the F value? The DF I can work out myself (although I don’t see why Qualtrics would not provide this too!) Any advice would be much appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello, I too am looking for the answer to the question above about finding the F-value for ANOVAs performed by Qualtrics. It is common practice to report ANOVAs with an F value, Degrees of Freedom and a p value, with an effect size if you choose. Qualtrics, however, only provides a p value and effect size, rendering the analysis useless since it is unreportable.  I have contacted Qualtrics Help twice now and am waiting for a response (since 17 Oct).  Hopefully they will get back to me, but in the meantime, does anyone know where to find the F value? The DF I can work out myself (although I don’t see why Qualtrics would not provide this too!) Any advice would be much appreciated

@FKK Qualtrics choose to present StatiQ in simplified form. So if you need the F-value and DF for your ANOVA analysis, you might need to calculate them manually, maybe using other option like SPSS.

Leave a Reply