Text iQ Topics: Can You Share Topics Between Questions in the Same Survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have successfully created a multi-level topic hierarchy for one question in my survey. It works great. I want to use this same topic hierarchy for a different question in the same survey. Can I do that in straightforward way, or do I have to export/import and therefore maintain them separately? 

Thanks.

These instructions show how to export your topics created for one question into a JSON file. You can then import the JSON file into the other question to get the same topic hierarchy. https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text-iq/topics-in-text-iq/#ExportingTopics

You can export the topics and import them in your new questions:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text-iq/topics-in-text-iq/#ExportingTopics

Thanks for these answers. I know I can export and import but am wondering if there is a more efficient way of sharing topics between questions. Exporting/Importing the same topics also means double maintenance of the topics. I want to use the same hierarchy of topics for two different questions in the same survey. And if I need to update the topics in any way, I don’t want to have to do it twice - I’m sure over time maintaining separate hierarchies will lead them to get out of sync.

Would love to see this as a new feature...even sharing topics across a variety of surveys. We have a site wide survey, but then also have a general feedback survey and we leverage the same topics. So if there is a change to one, then I have to change to another. Would be amazing to have a “library” or sorts of topics that you can access for any question or survey!

Would love to see this as a new feature...even sharing topics across a variety of surveys. We have a site wide survey, but then also have a general feedback survey and we leverage the same topics. So if there is a change to one, then I have to change to another. Would be amazing to have a “library” or sorts of topics that you can access for any question or survey!

I’ll second that. It would be cool, to add this functionality to the three dots menu, of the Topics.
Syncing the Topics between multiple questions would be really awesome.

Leave a Reply