Create users via API including user meta data | XM Community

Create users via API including user meta data

• 2 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
I have a excel master spreadsheet containing all user info and their meta data. To create new users (as in CX / vocalise dashboard users). We create a csv file with their name etc. and meta data eg. location, permissions etc which is then used via the auto enrolment function to add them to the correct groups / teams when they first login. This works fine but it would be good to remove this step and do this via API and include the metadata. Is this possible? I have read the Create User API documentation but it doesn't talk about metadata.

Thanks

Rod Pestell

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Rod_Pestell
The Create user API is for user creation within Qualtrics. But the approach you have mentioned is via the Dashboard User Admin tab. Unfortunately, there isn't an API that goes through that route of managing metadata along with users.
I would recommend using the same dashboard> useradmin> import users.
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Shame! That would save us quite some time as then we could use an API call directly from excel. 😞 I'll raise a product idea!
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Just wondering if there has been any progress / change to the current API offering or whether anyone has found a way to do this yet?

Thanks

Rod Pestell 

Leave a Reply