If I update a user account's name & email, would anything break with the APIs set up among surveys? | XM Community
Skip to main content

We have a user account for an employee that is no longer with our company. His account has all our VOC Program/Transactional Surveys that are integrated via AIP to be distributed automatically and data transfered to our CEM systems. Rather than transfer the surveys to another user, I just want to update the account, user name, name and email address to something enterprise wide, like 'Enterprise VOC Program' or something like that. I'm thinking I'd use a functional mailbox's email address.
My concerns is: Would this break anything? Could anything go wrong with the API/Integration? It makes me so nervous to do. I've spoken with two people at Qualtrics, including someone from the API/Integration team and they seem 99.9% sure nothing would go wrong, but I wanted to put this out there to make sure I'm not missing any considerations.
Thanks for the help!

I agree with them, I think the name/email/description/etc. is just superficial metadata. I don't believe it is attached to the username or account name in any way, but to the account itself. I've changed account names, usernames, and email addresses before and, while I can't confirm our environments are even remotely similar, it didn't break anything for us. Just wanted to give you some hope 🙂

Thank you!

Leave a Reply