Can my collaborators access my surveys when my account is deleted? | XM Community
Question

Can my collaborators access my surveys when my account is deleted?

• 6 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a Qualtrics university account, and I will be leaving my institution soon. I have been told that my email ID will be stopped and the associated Qualtrics account will be inaccessible. 

I have existing surveys that are shared with collaborators. Will the collaborators still be able to access the surveys after I leave? I am not immediately joining another university, so I do not have a new account to transfer my surveys to. 

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Better transfer the ownership of the project and workflow before deleting your account. You can ask your account brand administrator to access your account from user tab under Admin module and transfer all the surveys and workflow at once to themselves or to other responsible person at once.

Else the brand admin can open it user, the click on User  name, the one pop up wizard will open. then click on “View Account Use Info”. Then another pop up window will appear, then he can transfer project one by one from that window.

first pop up

2nd pop up.

It is import to change the ownership before deleting account. else you will lose the access of directory automation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @KathrynNS ,

Once you leave and join new university, if you would like to move your user information from last account to your new account, you will need to file a "user move request" to Qualtrics Support. Support Page here. Please note that in order for Qualtrics to perform the user move request, you need written consent from the brand administrator of both brands before the user move transfer is started.

If the survey owner's account(here its yours) is deleted, the collaborated surveys will no longer be accessible to the collaborated users. Please make sure to transfer any surveys to another account if necessary before deleting a user account. Brand admins can perform the "Transfer Survey Ownership" on the admin page.

Hope this helps.

Leave a Reply