Contact List | XM Community
Question

Contact List

• 29 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am new to Qualtrics, and looking to create my first survey. I have all of my questions set up, but I am having trouble setting up my Contracts Lists and accessing it from the embedded data section of the Survey Form. When I click embedded data I am brought to this page: 

However, when I try to select ‘add from contacts’ or ‘existing embedded data’ it says my library is empty. I made sure to add a csv file of the data with the names and emails of the recipients:

How do I update my contacts list, and make sure I can access those from the embedded data section of my survey? Also, if you have any tips for using Qualtrics that would be greatly appreciated. For context, I am looking to send out a general survey that has the recipients name and a personal ID number that I already have (I do not want one randomly generated) embedded in one of the questions of the survey. I also want to be able to build my questions off of that embedded ID number. Is this even possible?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Kylie_0702 ,

Yes, it is possible to use your existing personal ID numbers and names in your survey questions using the Embedded Data feature in Qualtrics. Here's how you can do it:

1. Update your contact list: Go to the Contacts page in Qualtrics and upload a file (like a CSV) with the important info like email, first name, last name, and personal ID numbers. Just follow the instructions to do this.
  2. Add Embedded Data to your survey: Once your contact list is updated, go to the Survey Flow. Add an Embedded Data element and include the personal ID numbers and names. Make sure the names match what's in your contact list.
  3. Use Embedded Data in your questions: After adding the Embedded Data fields, you can use them in your survey questions. When making a question, choose Piped Text, then Embedded Data, and pick the field name. This puts a placeholder in the question that gets filled in with real data when someone takes the survey.
  4. Test your survey: To make sure everything works, test the survey. You can do this by adding the Embedded Data values to the preview link. This helps you see how the survey looks with the Embedded Data.

Reference page:  Adding Directory ContactsEmbedded DataPreview SurveyTesting & Editing Active Surveys

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I would recommend adding the embedded data BEFORE the survey block, especially if you are going to present questions based off the ID number. All you need to do is type in the column header or field name (case sensitive) of the embedded data you’re wanting to pull (you don’t select it from the drop down menu). You can then use display logic for the specific question(s) or block(s) you’re wanting to show to based off their IDs.

Leave a Reply