Customized End of Survey after Redirecting to a Second Survey | XM Community
Solved

Customized End of Survey after Redirecting to a Second Survey

• 6 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a survey for which I will be compensating the survey-takers. To keep the survey-takers identity information separate from the main survey, I am collecting that information in a separate survey. For that, at the end of the main survey, I asked if they would like to remain anonymous or provide their information for compensation. This question was used as a branch condition with a customized End of Survey element with a redirect link. 
Everything works as it should, except that after being redirected to the new survey, it displays the default End of Survey message at the end of the survey. I have specifically used a customized End of Survey message in the survey builder and made sure to have it selected as the End of Survey element in the survey flow for the second survey. I also tried adding the customized End of Survey message at the end of the main survey. However, when the survey is redirected to the second one, in the end, it defaults to the default End of Survey message for some reason instead of the customized one. I have looked through the Qualtrics documentation but could not find anything to help me understand why this is happening. 
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by cbhavsar 10 August 2021, 13:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi,
Here is my assumption of your survey flow.

1. User participate in the main survey

2. In the main survey participant receive an choice for compensation

3. If Yes - Through survey flow inside condition - on Customized end page - You have selected to route the user to second survey - And in the end of survey - You are showing Custom message

4. If No - You show Custom message on the main survey end page

And you are facing issue in Point 2.a.. If this is correct... I suggest you to change custom message right in second survey in the "Survey Builder" at the end of all questions you will see "End of Survey" when you click on it, in the left pane you can select and customize the message. Try that, it would be an easy option.
All the best for your project!

Thank you for your response! Yes, your assumption is correct and I have tried what you suggested. When I preview the second survey by itself, everything works as it should (it shows the customized EOS message). Whenever the second survey ends after the redirection from the first survey, it shows the default EOS message as if the custom EOS messages are being overridden - this is the issue that I have been having. Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

It's a bit of a curly one but have you checked the language of both your survey and your custom end of survey message?
Qualtrics has a unique quirk that English US and English UK are considered completely separate languages (not just two versions of English). Here in Australia it's a common problem because I like to use English UK but my colleagues often use English US as the default. If there's a language mismatch, the survey will default to the standard EOS message rather than the custom one that you specified.

Leave a Reply