Date field created as text without validation | XM Community
Question

Date field created as text without validation

• 21 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am new to Qualtrics (I mostly use redcap). I am helping someone that has an active survey. Date items were not set up with a date validation so are not recognized as a date to conduct range filters etc in Reports dashboard.  I cannot find anything on the best approach to fixing this problem. Surely, it happens a lot with surveys developed by users not aware of the data or date issues. I see that I cannot change the field on survey to date validation at this point as it would erase all the data. I tried field editor and that did not work in the data table tab. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Are all the date formats similar or the same? If not, there’s still a way that the data can be displayed within a dashboard, you’d just need to document the different date formats in the responses you’ve received to define within the dashboard data settings. 

Within the Dashboard Settings > Dashboard data, add a field, set the type to Date.

Map your date field from your survey source to it. 

Click on the blue calendar icon to the left of your survey date field to set Date formats.

You can add more than 1 date format and even custom ones.

I think that should allow you to still utilize the date text input as date for filter ranges and within widgets without having to change the question to have date input validation.

Leave a Reply