Different Sender for different targets? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Different Sender for different targets?

• 5 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi
I was wondering if anyone out there know of a way where the Survey invite Email-sender gets updated according to a field in the distribution file?

Scenario:
Imagine you have a workforce of 200 people, consisting of 20 different groups, each group with a Team Lead.
In my distribution list each of these 200 individuals have also their assigned Team Lead on their "row" in the file.
How can I update the Sender in the Email Distributions box so that the Sender gets updated with the Name/Email that is set in the Team Lead field in the file? Meaning: I want to dynamically update the sender based on the value that is in the Distribution field.

I can see I'm rambling a bit. Please let me know if I need to explain it better, ha ha.

Thanks in advance
-Mattias

Hi MattiasM 😊! Currently, there is no built-in functionality to update a sender dynamically. However, you could accomplish this using conditions, embedded data, multiple actions, and email tasks. If you need assistance setting this up, you'll want to reach out to the  Support team!

Hi and thanks for the response AmaraW
I did speak with your Support team and was happily surprised to learn that I can add piped text pretty much "anywhere" and have it pull in embedded data from my target list.
So although I could use a piped text-text I copied from another location (since there was no button for this) and I could get the sender to be updated and perceived to come from a person instead of a more generic sender, we decided against it in the end as the "real" email sender is still visible when you hover over the name. Which in turn potentially could be seen as a spam alert for some people. But good to learn the functionality anyway 🙂

Thanks
-Mattias

Leave a Reply