Do email triggers (sent when someone completes a survey) work with google groups? | XM Community
Solved

Do email triggers (sent when someone completes a survey) work with google groups?

• 1 April 2021
  • 4 replies

We created a survey and distributed it via mail using a targeted list of contacts. I have added an email trigger for us to receive each time a respondent completes the survey but it is not working. The email address pertains to a Google group. Has anyone else had this issue? Does the trigger feature work with google groups' email addresses or is this a singular incident? I would appreciate any insight. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by hr2412 1 April 2021, 18:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

I am very certain you can use Group email accounts.
We store numerous email addresses in our Embedded Data Contact list and route multiple triggers to the correct groups. Each address should be separated by a comma and space.
Perhaps you might need to check that the address is typed correctly and ensure that there is no additional space.

thank you for response! I am using a single email address, that is a Google group with multiple members (https://support.google.com/groups/answer/2464926?hl=en). I hope that clarifies the issue a bit because I am aware that enter multiple email addresses that are separated by a comma and space.

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

Thank you for the clarification. It should work.

The issue has been resolved! Turns out the google group we were using was restricted to receive emails/conversations within the organization only. We changed the settings are able to receive incoming survey responses.

Leave a Reply