Email distribution, email change while survey and distributions are live | XM Community
Solved

Email distribution, email change while survey and distributions are live

• 22 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

(CX) I sent out the original distribution and had a large number of bounces, turns out my org hadn’t updated one of our customers email domains in our system.

I went into the XM directory and edited the contacts and placed those edited contacts on a new list, I then resent the distribution to them.

My question is this - will they now get the reminder emails, assuming they haven’t finished the survey, twice since they are technically on both of those distribution lists? If so is there a way that I can remove them from that original distribution to avoid them getting those reminders? Ideally I would like to do the reminders off the 2nd distribution so that I can bump the date back since their invite technically wasn’t received until a day later than all of the others on the original distribution.

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 23 February 2024, 04:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Depends upon how you updated the email addresses.The simlest way would be to go your mailing list, click on the contact and see their stats. If it shows that they’ve received emails from both distributions, then they’ll get both reminders, if only one, then they’ll get only one.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @kgillis

In your case, recipients will not receive reminder emails for the original distribution because in Qualtrics, ‘Reminder emails will not be sent to email addresses that received a hard or soft bounce status on the initial distribution’. For more information refer the below link:

Link

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Yes @Sachin Nandikol , I ended up on holding off of the “reinvite” distribution and let the reminder ones go out. I then downloaded that distribution and noted that none of those emails were on there, I then went ahead and set them up on their own distribution as shown in my original screen shot. Thank you for your response!

Leave a Reply