Embedded Data problem - only appears for generated test data | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I have set up a simple experiment with participants randomly allocated to one of two conditions. I would like to know in my dataset which condition participants completed. I have tried to do this using Embedded Data (Condition set to 0 or 1, Variable Type = Text) - see screenshot below:

This works when I generate test responses, but when the study is completed by humans the Condition column in my dataset is blank.

Is anybody able to suggest a way to fix this?

Many thanks,

Fergus

Hi @Fergus N 

it sound like the problem is with the humans. Is there a specific way to complet te survey? Is this way well explaind? 

What is always do is to try it by myself in the preview mode and see if then the out come is show in results

Thanks @RickB. I’ve gone through the study several times myself clicking through to the end and I can’t get it to register the embedded data in my dataset. 

@Fergus N 
mabey it is something in the Logic, that you have a logic condition that mess up with  Embedded Data

@Fergus N,

Is there a quota that triggers an End of Survey when met?

@Fergus N,

Is there a quota that triggers an End of Survey when met?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. No, I don’t have a quota set up.

@Fergus N 

Question - how do you randomly allocate the participant into each set of questions?

@Fergus N

Question - how do you randomly allocate the participant into each set of questions?

Hi Dan,

I use the Randomiser in survey flow to allocate pariticpants into one of two conditions:

Thanks,

Fergus

@Fergus N - The problem is your randomizer set up.  It will display one of the 4 items under it. If Condition=0 goes with Non-Environmental and Condition=1 with Environmental, then you should add two groups under the randomizer (Non-Environmental and Environmental) and put the question blocks and set embedded data blocks under their respective group. 

@Fergus N - The problem is your randomizer set up.  It will display one of the 4 items under it. If Condition=0 goes with Non-Environmental and Condition=1 with Environmental, then you should add two groups under the randomizer (Non-Environmental and Environmental) and put the question blocks and set embedded data blocks under their respective group. 

Hi Tom,

I’ve tried that but still can’t get the Condition numbers to appear in my spreadsheet. My new randomizer set up with the groups is below. Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Fergus

Actually I’ve managed to fix it now - I forgot to Publish after setting up the groups. Thanks everyone for your help!

Leave a Reply