equal number of participants for each condition | XM Community
Solved

equal number of participants for each condition

• 18 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am conducting a survey with three different experimental conditions, and I have organized the survey using the 'group' option (in this case I use 3 groups for 3 conditions) under a randomizer. My sample size is 600 participants, and I need to ensure that each condition has an equal number of participants (i.e., 200 participants per condition). How can I achieve this in Qualtrics? Thank you very much for your assistance.

icon

Best answer by Nam Nguyen 19 September 2023, 09:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

There’s instructions here on how to set conditions when using a randomizer here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/randomizer/#Introduction

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I appreciate your previous response. Based on your guidance, can I utilize the 'Evenly Present Elements' feature and “edit count” for each of the three conditions to ensure an equal distribution of 200 participants per condition in my sample of 600? Could you kindly provide a brief explanation of how to effectively use the 'edit count' option to achieve this desired distribution? Your assistance would be greatly valued.

Badge +30

Edit count is to be used when you want to setup a custom number for each block available in the randomiser. If you check the evenly present box that should meet your requirement

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I appreciate your previous response. Based on your guidance, can I utilize the 'Evenly Present Elements' feature and “edit count” for each of the three conditions to ensure an equal distribution of 200 participants per condition in my sample of 600? Could you kindly provide a brief explanation of how to effectively use the 'edit count' option to achieve this desired distribution? Your assistance would be greatly valued.

You use it when you want to even out an unbalanced distribution. Evenly present doesn’t care which branch is ahead, it will assign evenly. Edit count let the randomizer know you’re having a unbalanced distribution so it will boost a branch appearance up to catch-up with other branches.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I think It works. Thank you so much.

Leave a Reply