Error message | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Error message

• 13 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all - unfortunately I'm receiving an error at the top of our Edit Survey page which states "Warning:No entry in fromSelectorMap for selector: TB". I can't work out what the problem is or how to solve it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Survey edit_error.PNG

Hi MCan ,
I would suggest contacting Qualtrics support to diagnose the error message.

Hi MCan I had the same error. The term TB refers to "Text Box" and no selector I believe is referring to the fact that there is no option for a response.
Qualtrics article says this: "The Selector describes what interface the respondent uses to make their response to the question. These range from things like "MAVR", "TE", "Likert", "SAVR", "TB", and more. These abbreviations stand for "Multiple Answer Vertical", "Text Entry", "Likert", "Single Answer Vertical", "Text-Box", etc. ""
So, put simply, you've accidentally selected the wrong selector type for a question and there's no way for a survey taker to select a response!
I resolved my error by going through my survey in preview mode to determine when the error would arise. Once I found out what block the error was in, I found out that I had a Question without a response option that was intended to be a text descriptor. My own mistake, which happened when the website/my wifi timed out and glitched, and I didn't notice the wrong question type copied over 😂

Hi TracyRad - thanks for the response. Turns out you are absolutely right! I had somehow selected a multiple choice for what was just descriptive text so obviously it was expecting a response and not getting one. I just wish the error message would be a bit more helpful!

Leave a Reply