Forward/Back Button | XM Community
Solved

Forward/Back Button

• 17 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello
My survey currently has "Previous" and 'Next' button however all of a sudden after months one of the block/pages no longer has the verbiage there. Its just an arrow. I did not change anything. Hoping someone can help me figure out how to change the buttons back to say Previous and Next. Thanks

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 17 November 2021, 20:57

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi RyanBrickman ,
There are two places to check. At the block level, click the Next/Previous button text link. (This applies to the specific block, and overrides the setting in the Look & Feel menu.)
image.png
And in the Look and Feel menu, look at the General tab. (This applies survey-wide.)
image.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

MatthewM At Survey Level, this is what I see under look and feel which is odd because all my blocks but one have Previous/Next verbiage.
image.pngI do not see a block behavior/edit field anywhere. Here is what my blocks look like. I checked all the options and did not see anything.
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

To view the buttons at the Block level, you must be in the survey editor, not the Survey Flow. Make sure you're clicked on the block, not any of the questions, and the Edit Block options in the first screen shot will appear.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

MatthewM I followed what you said and this is what I see?
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Look at the far left of your screen; there should be a menu list of items called "Edit Block" that looks like the first screen shot.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Not trying to be pain but I do not see it.
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I don't know if your account might be a trial and not have all the same options as mine, but if you're clicked on the block and not a question in it, or you've minimized the block, you should see it like in this screen shot. Share a full screen shot if you still don't find it.
image.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

That worked. Bit tricky to locate it. Thank you so much for being patient and helping me figure this out. God bless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Glad you found it! Agreed, it's easy to miss the different menu that appears when you're not clicked on a question. And sorry, I missed the screen shots in your previous message.

Badge +1

I've followed these steps and found it. But my back button is still not showing up. Any other thoughts? A fluke?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The back button doesn't show up between blocks that have branch logic between them in survey flow. Perhaps that's the case?

Leave a Reply