Generate two test responses waves simulating two years in the same survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Does anybody know how to generate 2 distinct test responses waves for e.g. 2022 and 2023 in the same survey? I found the Q-PopulateResponse option, but it's not clear to me how to use this in the “Additional URL parameters” option. Is there an easier way?

you can refer link below; you can generate half responses with wave as 2022 and half responses with wave=2023.

Generate Test Responses (qualtrics.com)

Hi @PeeyushBansal, thanks, but this just adds a the variable “Wave” with the value 2022 or 2023 to the two sets of test responses. What I mean is that I'd like to have to sets of test repondents with 2 different Recorded Dates.

The point is to showcase the capabilities of Qualtrics Dashboards with several periods, for example a Multiple Source Table, a Breakdown Trends or a Trend Chart.

Hi @PeeyushBansal, thanks, but this just adds a the variable “Wave” with the value 2022 or 2023 to the two sets of test responses. What I mean is that I'd like to have to sets of test repondents with 2 different Recorded Dates.

The point is to showcase the capabilities of Qualtrics Dashboards with several periods, for example a Multiple Source Table, a Breakdown Trends or a Trend Chart.

Assuming you need this for some demo. Create an embedded data field ‘Record Date’. Download the generated response and add the data in column ‘Record Date’ using random date generator between two date function in excel. Reupload the data in the survey. Use this embedded data as Date range in the widgets.

Got it, but this is not possible with generating test responses. For test dashboard you can show daily trends instead for demo purpose.

In case you still need to update recorded data, you have to export data and import it back with updated date.

Leave a Reply