Help with Survey Not Updating | XM Community
Question

Help with Survey Not Updating

• 25 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’m creating a survey, making a few edits after publishing it but before sharing it with respondents. When I make edits to the questions, they are not refreshing after I publish it.

I have tried clearing my browser history/cache and have waited for several hours to see if the survey updates, but the previous version of the survey is still what shows when I access the survey URL.

Has anyone else had this happen? Do you have any suggested solutions I can try? Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That sounds like an issue Qualtrics may need to investigate. I’ve seen lags of a few minutes for updates to appear before, but nothing as long as you described. I would suggest contacting their Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@buckeye_jay Did the preview updated? You can check the version history to see your change and try to access it through anonymous link in incognito mode. If it’s still not. You should contact the support.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@buckeye_jay sounds like your doing the main things, like clearing cache.  The only other thing to check is, are you by any chance checking it using an existing link you have already clicked/started to complete.  The changes will only apply to surveys where existing session hasn’t started.  You should be able to see changes under survey preview regardless but if testing through live link any changes only apply to new sessions.  If this isn’t the issue then definitely raise a support ticket.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

When clearing your browser/cache, you could make sure you’re clearing it for the right time frame too. Instead of only clearing cookies for the past 24 hours, you may have to do a week for example.

Leave a Reply