Hot spot labels not showing in exported data | XM Community
Question

Hot spot labels not showing in exported data

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have hot spot questions in my survey, where I gave every region a label. When I export the data, it is showing as a number instead of the region label. Is there any way to get the labels to show in the data instead of the number that its assigning to the region?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have hot spot questions in my survey, where I gave every region a label. When I export the data, it is showing as a number instead of the region label. Is there any way to get the labels to show in the data instead of the number that its assigning to the region?

Hi @LauraS244, If you check back with the export data and expand the column, you can see that the region name is in 2nd row.
Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The number I highlighted in my attached image is the number that is being assigned the hot spot region but its not showing the region as the label that I gave it in the survey builder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@LauraS244 Which format are you exporting it to? Usually, there are 2-3 headers. 

The first header is the internal Qualtrics ID of the field (e.g., EndDate, Q1, Q2, and so on).

The second header is the field’s name or text (e.g., End Date, How satisfied are you with Qualtrics?).

The third header has import IDs.

I checked with a hotspot question in my survey and it following this rule. Could you try export it again and re-check the header

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Do you mind sharing what format and settings you select before exporting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you mind sharing what format and settings you select before exporting?

@LauraS244 TSV,CSV or Excel all in the same header style

Leave a Reply