How do I create a variable based on my scoring categories? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I created several scoring categories in my survey including one scoring category with the overall score of the respondents. I want to make this category a variable so that I can look for associations between this variable and demographic characteristics of the respondents (e.g., does a higher age lead to a higher overall score?). I couldn’t figure out a way to do that so far, can someone help me?

For each scoring category Qualtrics does create a variable in data and analyis as sc0, sc1, etc. However we can also pipe the score in an embeded data in the survey flow. For analysis we can use StatsiQ feature of Qualtrics.

Thanks for the reply! If I go to StatsiQ I somehow do not see any variables for my scoring categories. Could you maybe elaborate on how to pipe the score in an embedded data? That would help me a lot!

Thanks for the reply! If I go to StatsiQ I somehow do not see any variables for my scoring categories. Could you maybe elaborate on how to pipe the score in an embedded data? That would help me a lot!

You should be able to see sc0-score at the end of the list in statsiQ tab.

The last variable I’m seeing in StatsiQ is the last survey question. If I type sc0-score in the search bar it doesn't find anything. I don’t know what I did wrong because the creation of the scoring categories definitely worked.

I do however see the variables in the results section.

The variables just appeared in the StatsiQ Tab. thanks!

Leave a Reply