How do you calculate the customer effort score? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

How do you calculate the customer effort score?

• 22 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I would like to know how you have calculated the CES. I find information such as: "it is the total number of customers who agree that their interaction was easy divided by the total number of responses. For example, if 65 out of 100 customers rate you with a 5, 6, or 7 on a 7-point scale, your Customer Effort Score (CES) would be 65." 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @IRENDONJLL0. Did you already check this article about the CES by Qualtrics?

https://www.qualtrics.com/experience-management/customer/customer-effort-score/

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I would actually recommend using a top 2 box approach. If they don’t select the top 2 scale options, they don’t think your org is very easy to do business with. I consider the next option is just a polite way of saying it’s not good enough.

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Best way to use Top 2 box percentage. But some analysist use top 3 box percentage for representation. It all depends on your/client requirement. You can simply change you rating question as Number set and can add bar chart widget and can use top box/bottom box metrics to represent the average of top 2 or top 3 boxes using scale adjustment as per your requirement.. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks @InessaG and @ArunDubey for sharing your experience and recommendations to this thread!

Leave a Reply