How to create a drop down with different dates, in which today’s date is automatically pre-selected. | XM Community
Solved

How to create a drop down with different dates, in which today’s date is automatically pre-selected.

• 26 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello 🙂
I created a drop down with the dates for one week e. g. 01. 06, 02. 06, 03. 06. Participants should choose a date (to indicate on which day they attended an event).
How is it possible to pre-define an answer here? I want today (the day on which the respondent participates in the survey) to be automatically highlighted. For example, if the participant participates in the survey on 02. 06, the 02. 06 should be suggested/selected in the drop down.

icon

Best answer by ashleigh_quaill 27 May 2021, 01:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

You can use Default Choices and use today's date in there (as one of the preset piped text fields).
Alternatively you can use one of the inbuilt Qualtrics questions to have a calendar type question, and from memory it defaults to today's date. I know I've done it previously but it was a few years ago now and can't remember if that was a setting to make it default to today (using default choices mentioned above), or whether it was automatically the default!
Both of the above options will be changing the question from your current drop down setup. Third option allows you to keep your current drop down but you could use Embedded Data in your Survey Flow to capture today's date, and then in your default choices options, you could set the default choice to be that embedded data field. Provided they both have the same date format, it should work the way you are looking at.
Hope these options help!

Leave a Reply