How to export the data with "meaningful text" instead of the QID code? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi there,
In my survey I have a lot of questions that carry forward previously entered text. So for example if the question is "What is your favorite color?" and the respondent enters "Red", there will be a number of questions afterwards that will fill in that answer and ask "What are your favorite red things?" and "What do you like about red?", with the questions being variable depending on the respondent's answer to the first "what is your favorite color?". When I'm in the survey and viewing it from the respondent's perspective, everything is okay. My issue comes in when I export the responses to a .csv, and instead of the column header saying "What are your favorite red things?" it will use the QID code and say something like "What are your favorite [QID217-ChoiceTextEntryValue-83] [QID1407-ChoiceTextEntryValue-x83] things?"
I want to know if there is a way I can export it where the respondent's entered answer will be displayed in the carried-forward questions in place of the QID code. I would prefer not to have to go back and look at what "[QID217-ChoiceTextEntryValue-83] [QID1407-ChoiceTextEntryValue-x83]" means for every individual respondent during my analysis, and instead just be able to see that they are referring to "Red" in their subsequent response.
Let me know if I can clarify and thanks so much for any advice!

This is not possible, we need to do analysis of those dependent questions by breaking down them using the question from where we are piping.

Leave a Reply