How to record choices displayed and not only selected, when using choice display randomizer | XM Community
Solved

How to record choices displayed and not only selected, when using choice display randomizer

• 4 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello all,

I am about to do a Bradley-Terry model analysis of one 11-item questionnaire. For this I need pairwise comparisons in qualtrics. I figured, I could do it through MC, where each point is going to be one item of the questionnaire. Participants are supposed to pick one out of two that applies more. E.g. “Pick person, who is taller:” --- choiceA - ‘I need to take a chair on daily basis when reaching for something on a kitchen shelf.’ & choiceB - ‘When getting on a bus, I have to bow my head, so I don’t hit it.’ (as there is 11 items of this questionnaire, I need randomly displayed always only 2 of them)

My problem is, that Qualtrics seems to record only choice, that was selected, and not also the choice, that was displayed, which is crucial for Bradley-Terry model.

Any ideas how to solve it? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by omkarkewat 4 March 2024, 14:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MateoPsy you can add branch logic along with embedded data in your survey flow to track which choices were displayed. Please refer below image.

You can create such 11 branches and embedded data for your 11 choices accordingly. The embedded data will have the value ‘Displayed’ if the respective choice is being displayed.
Make sure these branches are set after your question block.

Leave a Reply