How to score a Matrix table - Likert - Profile | XM Community

How to score a Matrix table - Likert - Profile

• 14 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello there!
I need to create a Matrix table with different answer scales for each statement (very classical - see photograph below).
However it turns out that scoring is not available for this type of question. I looked online as well as on the community and did not find any solution.
Unfortunately I cannot drastically change the type of matrix - I am reproducing a well-known psychology questionnaire and shuffling the questions or separating them might affect the outcome. Does anyone know how this issue could be circumvented?
Many thanks!

Qualtrics.jpg

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi MorganeC I understand you don't have a lot of design flexibility, but is there any reason why these couldn't be programmed as separate questions? Visually, I think you could get very close to the same appearance and layout.

Hi ClairJ , thank you for your answer! I indeed tried to play a bit more with the different settings after posting the question here, and I arrive more or less at the same appearance if I create several small matrices - there are irregular spaces between them so it is not ideal, but I don't think it should be an issue. I still kept the question online in the hope that I simply missed some settings and that someone would help me score the big initial matrix, but you are right in that I have other alternatives! Thanks again

Leave a Reply