How to use metadata from an email list to serve a specific block? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. I am running a survey where I have four potential paths (each blocked). In a the email list directory there is a field that I want to use to point respondents to one of those four blocks. How do I use the metadata as the tool to determine which block someone receives? And as an aside, how do I ensure that all the metadata from the email list comes through when I export the survey responses? 

Thank you so much!

Hi, you need to make sure you set up all the fields as embedded data fields in your Survey Flow. That’ll ensure that all the directory fields are fed into the response. 

You can then set up branches in Survey Flow to check for the value of the embedded data field, and show blocks as appropriate for the logic. 

Thanks Inessa. I think I did the first part where I need to set up all the fields as embedded data (See below). 

I guess what I’m struggling with is the second part where I set them up as branches in the Survey Flow. Does this look accurate to you? 

based on what I’m seeing, you are setting all responses to Stage = Closed Won. Should the stage be coming in from directory as well as opposed to being hard coded to Closed Won?

The branch itself looks right.

Yes, the stage would be coming in from the directory. So it sounds like I can remove the “Set Embedded Data: Stage = Closed Won” and just have the “Then Branch If” box? 

Thank you so much! This was giving me a major headache and I really appreciate your assistance. 🙏

Leave a Reply