How to view question numbers and QIDs at the same time | XM Community
Skip to main content

In Builder I can only see question numbers but when piping for example, there are also QIDs - is it possible to see both in the Builder?
Also, on the translation export, only the QID is shown and not the question number. Is it possible to see both on the export?

In Builder I can only see question numbers but when piping for example, there are also QIDs - is it possible to see both in the Builder?

Not easily. You can preview the question and use your browser's Inspect feature to view the QID.
If it is important to you, you could use Tools -> Auto-number question, and set all the question labels to Internal ID Numbering (QIDs).
Also, on the translation export, only the QID is shown and not the question number. Is it possible to see both on the export?

No (unless you use Auto-number question as I mentioned above).

Hi Tom
Thanks for the reply and as you say it's not easy. I tend to use Block Numbering once a questionnaire is scripted as it makes it much easier to edit. Using InternalID numbering is less helpful as the IDs could be out of order.
Our old system (Alchemer) used to show the ID in the lower right of the question edit box which made it easy to check piping and other logic.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Arthur

Thank you so much TomG for providing thoughtful solutions for Arthur_Fletcher 👏

Leave a Reply