Importing embedded fields from Contact list | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,

I have imported the embedded fields from contact list in my survey flow.

and then I have updated the value as below in the survey builder 

When I send the personalized link, I am not able to see the embedded data in the survey pre-filled. However after I submit my responses, I can see the data in View Response under the embedded data section.

Can someone please help me map the data in the survey, so the respondent sees the information when clicked on the link,

Hello @Susmitha Vangala

Could you please clarify where you have added these variables? Are they placed after survey question blocks or before?

If they are currently positioned after survey question blocks, please move them to the top.

Your survey flow should follow this sequence: Embedded variables → survey questions → end of survey.

@Sachin Nandikol  I have added the variables in the beginning of the survey. The survey flow is same as you mentioned.

Hello @Susmitha Vangala

How are you populating values in those embedded variables? Are you using a CSV upload with all the data and then creating personalized links for those contacts? If possible, could you share the QSF of your survey with me so that I can take a look at it?

@Sachin Nandikol I’m getting the data from a Json event and adding the event data as embedded fields to contact in XM Directory task under that workflow .I’m also sending the personalized link from the same task

In the Survey flow I added the Embedded data section then selected Add from Contacts, then selected the embedded fields from that contact list.

Hope my explanation is clear. Please let me know if I should add more details.

Hello @Susmitha Vangala

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have one more request: could you please share screenshots of the call details you're receiving from JSON, as well as the screenshot of the distribution task you added? I hope you've also added these embedded variables in the distribution task.

@Sachin Nandikol This is the screenshot of my directory task. I selected Add or remove embedded data fields from here and I added the fields 

The below is the screenshot of my json repsonse

What could have I missed. I added the fields in the directory task,in survey flow and in the survey-builder I have added the embedded field value. I couldn’t just figure out.

Hello @Susmitha Vangala

It appears that you're following the correct steps. One additional suggestion I have is regarding the 'Form Field' question where you've added piped text. You should add this in the 'Default Choices' section. To do this, right-click in the open box, select 'Default Choice', and then map the embedded variables accordingly.

After making these adjustments, publish your survey and conduct a test to ensure everything is working as expected.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

@Sachin Nandikol That is how I added the piped text. It still doesn’t work.

Hello @Susmitha Vangala,

Please double-check, as if you have used Default Choices, you should see the "Default Choice" icon in the top-right corner of your question box, which I can't see in the second screenshot you provided in your question.

The issue is fixed when I publish my survey. After I’ve published the data is seen in the personalized url

Hello @Susmitha Vangala,

I previously advised you to publish your survey and then check it. Below is the suggestion I provided earlier:

“It appears that you're following the correct steps. One additional suggestion I have is regarding the 'Form Field' question where you've added piped text. You should add this in the 'Default Choices' section. To do this, right-click in the open box, select 'Default Choice', and then map the embedded variables accordingly.

After making these adjustments, publish your survey and conduct a test to ensure everything is working as expected.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.”

Leave a Reply