Is there a way to copy layouts between different surveys? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I use a survey as an application for three different programs throughout the year. They are all the same survey, just copied for the different terms three times a year. Every time I copy, the survey stays the same and all the actions are copied over. However, in Data and Analysis under Data, the layout for the columns is never copied over. This means I have to manually rearrange the data columns three times a year (data must be in a specific order because it is uploaded into a file parser). I have tried to save layouts in one survey hoping it would then be available in another, but they never are. I've checked the walkthroughs and tried looking in the library, but I can't find anything the says there is a way to copy or save layouts between surveys. I haven't found anything that says you can't do this explicitly, but that seems to be the case.

Is there a way to save, copy, or transfer data column layouts between surveys that anyone has found? I would loooooooove this feature if it does not exist.

Hi JukieD ! If you haven't yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. If you’re not sure how to post your idea, check out our  Ideation Guidelines and our Policy & Procedures.

Please note I came across the same problem. Copied a survey project and wanted to re-use the layout developed for a existing survey. So I add this to my Qualtrics Christmas present wish list. :-)

Leave a Reply