Is there a way to make Qualtrics arrange given answers in a certain way for later questions? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
I am both new to the community and relatively new to working with Qualtrics and since a first broad search didn't provide fitting results, I'll try and take my chance here.
For my work, I'm assisting a post-graduate in his PhD and we're trying to figure out the best way to implement a study of his qualtrics. We will ask participants to select certain preferred body features (pictures) in a character customization task and wonder if there's a way to display the selected features later on in the survey in a spatial manner that resembles the real character as close as possible (i. e. head on top, arms left and right, legs at the bottom etc.) instead of simply listing them. The closer we get to a realistic spatial ratio of body features to each other, the easier it will be for a participant to imagine the selected character as a whole.
Is it possible to implement such spatial information in a way that doesn't require advanced programming skills which I certainly don't have?
I am thankful for any suggestions and thoughts!
Jonathan

Have you thought about having an image of the whole body and making it a hot spot question? You could then assign regions to the specific body parts and the user could choose a body part by clicking on the region.

Thank you very much for your answer!
I've realized that I have been unprecise in my description of the task. The participants will be asked choose different body parts like a head, a torso etc. to assemble their preferred character from scratch. Following these choices, we'd like them to rewatch their selection of body parts and imagine how the character would look like. For this step, we are looking for a good way to display the different body parts as close to their realistic position, with head on top, hands on the sides of the torso and so on. While a hot spot question might actually be a good idea for first presenting the bodyparts, it won't be helpful in showing the parts to the participants again.

Leave a Reply