Issues with formula output in workflow | XM Community
Solved

Issues with formula output in workflow

Badge +1

Hello,

We've been using a formula at the end of each Qualtrics survey and in the workflow to add up all the budget items in the application. The formula consists of the question response code + question response code (repeated) for each item in the the table. I put a screenshot of the formula below.

Formula we are currently using

This formula is present at the end of the survey and in the workflow email. The issue is that the email receipt sent from the workflow to the applicant sends the formula and not the total. Interestingly enough, the formula works in preview mode of the survey, but it doesn't work in the email. Below is a screenshot of how it looks in preview mode.

Successful output in preview mode

Would anyone happen to know how to fix this? I don’t understand why the formula works in the survey but not in the workflow. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by tfostersbu 10 May 2024, 18:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @tfostersbu I tried to replicate your setup and its the same issue with me as well. But it worked for me when I did a workaround i.e., stored the formula value in an embedded data and then pipe text that embedded data value in the ‘Total’ row in the table.

make sure that the embedded data is defined before that particular question block in which the “Total” value will be displayed. 

This should work.

Badge +1

Hi @omkarkewat,

Thank you for the suggestion. I received another solution outside of this community board. 

Step 1: Edit the Survey Flow

Survey Flow>>Set Embedded Data >>copy text

Q_PopulateResponse =

$e{ q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/9/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/10/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/11/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/12/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/13/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/14/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/15/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/16/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/17/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/18/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/19/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/20/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/21/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/22/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/23/1 + q://QID31/ChoiceNumericEntryValue/24/1}

Click Apply

Step 2: Edit Workflow Email Receipt

Workflow>>Receipt Email>>Email 

Under Total Box, enter:

$${e://Field/Q_PopulateResponse}

Thanks for responding!

Leave a Reply