Looking to add 2 dropdown choices in the same question | XM Community
Skip to main content

Is it possible to add 2 drop downs within the same question that will be associated with each other? They can fall under a title or group such as Organization 1 , Organization 2 and then they would choose position as one drop down and the organization that position is associated with in the other drop down. Think I’ve explained that ok. Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated!

@rsulliva5,

A couple of possibilities:

1. A drill-down question (second drop-down dependent on choice in first drop-down)
  2. Side-by-side question (independent drop-downs in two columns)

Considering the side by side option but I have a lot of options that need to be input for both. Is there a way to edit multiple?

@rsulliva5,

Not exactly, but… I find it easier to first format the column as ‘Sign Answer’, copy and paste the list of choices all at one time, then switch the column to ‘Dropdown’.

I don’t see a ‘Sign Answer’ option under column options. I do see a ‘Single Answer’ but it is not letting me copy and paste multiple values in a way that sees them differently for dropdown. 

I don’t see a ‘Sign Answer’ option under column options. I do see a ‘Single Answer’ but it is not letting me copy and paste multiple values in a way that sees them differently for dropdown. 

Sorry, typo. ‘Single Answer’

Delete all the but first answer. Then highlight the first answer and paste.

Tom, this has worked perfectly for me. I really appreciate all your help with this!

Leave a Reply