Loop and Merge | XM Community
Question

Loop and Merge

• 3 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hello, 

I am attempting to use the loop and merge feature to repeat a block. The current flow is participants choose a location on a heatmap. Then, they are displayed on the next page information regarding their choice. When they are done reviewing that information, I want them to be able to go back to the heat map (without using the back button to preserve data) and make another choice with their previous choice carried over. I attempted to use a loop and merge with question “are you ready to choose another location.” The answer yes would be the loop trigger but when I do that, the survey preview shows the survey ending immediately, displaying no questions. 

Thank you for your help! 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @AnnaM89,

I would suggest to NOT use loop and merge and instead follow below methodology:-

• Create 2 blocks one with heat-map question and another with follow up question.
  • Here, the follow up question would show the selection from heat map and would ask if they want to change their selection
  • Further in survey flow:
    • Add the branch condition “IF YES SELECTED in FOLLOWUP question” then DUPLICATE the block with heatmap question and cascade it within branch conditions.
    • This will preserve the selection and repeat the heatmap question for the respondent.

Hope this helps.

Leave a Reply