Badge +1

Hi All, 

I’m trying to setup a survey with the following:-

Question #1:

Select your choice of institution for submission below (can only click on 1):-

Choice 1: Institution Name #1

Choice 2: Institution Name #2

so far till Choice 12: Institution Name #12

^ the choice selection above will direct the respondents to the respective institution block.

I’m trying to insert a question at the end of the institution name #1 block to ask if they need to submit a request for another institution after they have completed the inputs in the institution #1 block.

How can i get my respondents to be directed back to the Question 1 for them to select their 2nd selection/2nd choice and be redirected to institution name #2 block for their inputs… and at the end there will be another question to ask if they need to submit another request for another institution after completing inputs for the institution block #2, whereby it goes back to Question 1 again for another selection so on.

Will the above ensure that all the institution name #1 and institution name #2 block inputs will it all be captured?

The respondents are select >10 institution in Question 1 and complete inputs in the respective institution blocks for the 10 institution.

icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 20 July 2023, 09:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Cindy Peng ,

Nice to e-meet you.

You do have a interesting requirement, here are my suggestions below:-

• Firstly, in order to run specific blocks on a loop and merge question, I would suggest couple of approaches:-
    • Change your loop and merge question to multiple response with the validation to select up to 10 options (i.e., minimum 1 and maximum 10), through which, you can remove the overhead of redirecting the respondents back and forth to answer the exact same question again.
    • If that is something is not feasible, you can move the questions which are their in the respective blocks (let’s say Block#1 questions) to the loop and merge it self, which will be displayed if answer option related to block 1 is selected in main question.
    • Where, after answering all the block 1 question, respondent will be shown the question to check if they want to make another request, if they say yes, the loop continuous, and if they say no, add a “Skip logic” to “end of block” to terminate the loop.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @Cindy Peng 

You can also implement your requirement in the survey flow through branch logics.

Leave a Reply