Preview works but anonymous link leads to broken survey | XM Community
Solved

Preview works but anonymous link leads to broken survey

• 20 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I set up my survey in Qualtrics as I normally do - no tricks I haven’t used before. I previewed it using the ‘preview’ button several times - no problems there. However, the survey link (copied from ‘anonymous link’ under the Distributions tab) leads to a broken survey - it skips crucial blocks from the middle of the survey. How is this possible, and has anyone else experienced this? It’s not my computer - I discovered the problem after I launched the survey on Prolific, only to find that participants were facing this glitch and not being shown the full survey.  I’ve been using Qualtrics and Prolific for years and never had a problem like this - it seems to be a problem with the link within Qualtrics. Any ideas? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 20 February 2024, 19:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello,

I recommend first checking if the survey is 'Published.' If not, please publish it and try again. Additionally, verify if there are any skip or other logics applied to questions. Also, review if there have been any modifications made to the survey flow.

If possible, sharing screenshots of these settings would assist us in providing better assistance.

Badge +1

Hello Sachin, thank you so much for your reply. The problem was fixed by ‘publishing’ the survey. I had no idea that the ‘preview’ link could show you a different result than the version from the anonymous link.

Badge +1

I am facing a similar problem. I created a simple survey form for a workshop registration. The QR code works fine, but the link (from the Distribution tab) skips the first question. I checked the workflow, there’s nothing wrong with it, I also re-published the survey many times, as suggested above, but nothing worked. Please help! Thank you.

Leave a Reply