Provide individual summary to participants prior to survey completion | XM Community
Question

Provide individual summary to participants prior to survey completion

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Friends, 

I am new to Qualtrics and finalising a questionnaire for my doctoral research. I am testing the effects of a decision support tool on decision making where participants will receive a case scenario, use the tool to consider a range of issues and then write a response for how they will deal with the scenario.

I would like to share the results of the tool with individual participants so they can refer back to their responses when writing the open text response. I have explored “Display Results” but this seems to only apply to the very end of the survey and shares ALL participant results rather than discrete results.

I did find another feed from about five years ago ‘Providing individual survey summary...’, but this also refers to end of survey and appears obsolete.

Does Qualtrics have the functionality to share discrete participant responses before the end of the survey? Thanks!!! 

Heather

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +23

Try this - 

You can show a summary of their responses before they submit the survey if you use an end of survey element in the survey flow. Just make sure to select Show Response Summary and then select Show Response Summary before completing the survey.

Also, for user to change the responses, enable back button functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You could store the results of the tool in an embedded data and then display them as pipe text in a text/html question. 

PM if you’d  like more precise details.

Badge +1

@Chhavi_Ch  thank you for this. I did manage to set up as you suggest (see screenshot below), but it doesn’t like the randomizer I have on this and is causing my consent and pre-screening questions to show up twice. 

I need only T2 participants to be able to see their responses prior to completing the block. I’ll try the piped text option suggested by another community member above, but please let me know if you have any ideas for how to make this work within a randomised survey. 

Thanks very much!!! 

Heather

Badge +1

@ahmedA Yes, would appreciate more detail. Thank you, Heather

Badge +1

@ahmedA 

Here is a screenshot of my survey flow. all participants complete Informed Consent and a prescreening question. they are then randomly assigned to one of three groups. The third group will receive a decision making tool while the others will receive other things. I need T2 participants to be able to see their responses prior to completing their response, which is currently within the T2 block. In simple terms, t2 participants will go through the following steps:

1. Informed consent
  2. prescreen
  3. case study
  4. Use tool to consider case study
  5. write response to case study using responses from tool
  6. proceed to other questions and demographics
  7. end survey

Leave a Reply