Randomization order of blocks | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, 

I would like to randomize two blocks (see picture 1). All participants should see both blocks, eighter first the “sustainable diet block” or first the “healthy diet block”. In order to ensure that the randomization is equal distributed I checked the box “evenly present elements”. However, I am not sure if I have to specify anything within the option “edit count” (see picture 2). To be honest I do not understand what this option aims for. Does this mean that after one block appears four times as the first, the other one appears four times and so on? 

Kind regards, 

Johanna 

Your setup looks good, you don't need to do anything with reset counts. In case it have lot of difference than yoh can reset all counts before your launch. One with low count will be displayed first. 

Okay thank you for your response. However, what is the default within the option “edit count”? For does the number 4 mean? 

Okay thank you for your response. However, what is the default within the option “edit count”? For does the number 4 mean? 

It is not the default value. The default value is 0. 4 simply signifies that the block was seen by 4 respondents (most probably test count).

Okay thanks. I will set it again to 0. 

Yes you can set it to 0 before you launch your survey. These are testing counts. 

Hi @Jojo1997 ,

These are essentially tallies of the instances when the respondent has seen it; by default, they are 0.
They are there to assist you in choosing a block over another when an even count is chosen.
As an illustration, suppose you wish to display the "healthy diet block" to respondents four times in a succession in the aforementioned survey. In that case, you would perform as follows:

set sustainable diet block  count to 8:

Set the healthy diet block count to 4.

In order to spread the two equally, the healthy diet block will now be aired four times in a succession until the number of sustainable diet blocks is equal.
Following that, both will be displayed with a 50/50 chance.

you can found about in detail on below hyperlink:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/randomizer/#EditingCounts

Hope this resolve’s your query😊!!

Hi @Jojo1997 ,

These are essentially tallies of the instances when the respondent has seen it; by default, they are 0.
They are there to assist you in choosing a block over another when an even count is chosen.
As an illustration, suppose you wish to display the "healthy diet block" to respondents four times in a succession in the aforementioned survey. In that case, you would perform as follows:

set sustainable diet block  count to 8:

Set the healthy diet block count to 4.

In order to spread the two equally, the healthy diet block will now be aired four times in a succession until the number of sustainable diet blocks is equal.
Following that, both will be displayed with a 50/50 chance.

you can found about in detail on below hyperlink:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/randomizer/#EditingCounts

Hope this resolve’s your query😊!!

Thanks for your response. I prefer to display the two blocks with a 50/50 chance from the beginning on. Therefore I will choose the default. 

Leave a Reply