Redirection from REDCap to Qualtrics | XM Community
Skip to main content

We had a group who just advertised the surveys (printed out and everything). The survey will begin this December before they realized that we were going to shut down REDCap at the end of the year. I am seeing if we can redirect the URL that we have from REDCap to the new survey on Qualtrics? They are rebuilding the surveys on Qualtrics.
Let me know if this is possible.

Hi Topazfae ,
Is the REDCap link already established and used in the adverts?
I'm not familiar with REDCap but I think the trick will be on that end, not Qualtrics. Qualtrics only determines the link you redirect TO, not the link you redirect from.

MatthewM It was what I told my colleague but for some reason, he thinks it is on Qualtrics. I have to look into REDCap and see if we can redirect the survey to our new platform. Otherwise, we would have to keep the system up and running until they are done with survey (3 years from now).
I was hoping that someone in this community has a similar experience as I did.
Shannon

Maybe there's a way to test it in REDCap or ask their support team, but my hunch is that if you set up a link and that system and then your account is deactivated, it would just display or redirect to their general "Survey not available" message.

Just saw my old discussion -
What we did was - once RedCap shut down, we used redirection from redcap to Qualtrics (new survey). It worked out very well. Nothing needs to be done on either side - I just added redirections, and I was fortunate that RedCap is on the campus, so the redirection is easy to do.

Leave a Reply