Respondent Can't Access Unfinished Survey for Completion | XM Community
Skip to main content

Looking for some assistance to get a respondent back into their survey. I distributed the survey via email with a singular anonymous link, but with the option to leave and come to back to the survey to complete your survey.

My respondent says they’re accessing the survey via the same browser, however their previous answers are gone. I have been able to identify their partial response as well in the Data & Analysis section.

If they cleared their cache or cookies, it may have caused their session to restart, or if they used an incognito browser.

If they cleared their cache or cookies, it may have caused their session to restart, or if they used an incognito browser.

Thank you! Is there a way to get them back into the survey they’d already started or should I just inform them to not use incognito or clear their cache/cookies until the survey is finished?

Unfortunately, I don’t believe there’s a way to get them back into the survey where they left off if they cleared cache/cookies or used incognito.

Thank you! Is there a way to get them back into the survey they’d already started or should I just inform them to not use incognito or clear their cache/cookies until the survey is finished?

@EAB2445 You can close that partial response and send them a retake link. This will let them edit the response with all previous answers. https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
Hope this helps

@EAB2445 You can close that partial response and send them a retake link. This will let them edit the response with all previous answers. https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
Hope this helps

This worked- thank you!

Leave a Reply