Respondents Selecting Unique Times for Scheduling | XM Community
Question

Respondents Selecting Unique Times for Scheduling

• 11 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I’m looking to see if there is an easy way to have respondents to a survey select from a list of times (eg. 11:05AM-11:10AM, 11:10AM-11:15AM), and whenever one user submits with that answer, other users are unable to select that time, to prevent double booking.

To explain it a bit better, if Respondent A selects 11:05AM-11:10AM, then any Respondent after Respondent A wouldn’t be able to choose 11:05AM-11:10AM.

1 reply

Badge +1

I was able to find a solution for this, and I will go ahead and post the details her for anyone’s future reference.

The way I had found to achieve this functionality is through the usage of quotas. Setting a quota of 1 for each of the options on the question​ allowed me to detect whenever someone had submitted the specific answer choice. Then we just have to use Display Logic on the answer choice and make sure that the quota had not been met yet.

The one drawback to this solution is that if two users take the survey at the same time, they have the ability to select the same option and submit, meaning they would be double booking the same time slot. I’m not sure of a good way to prevent this from happening.

As this is a tedious process to setup this solution, especially with questions with a large number of possible choices, I will be trying to submit this to Product Ideas, as I doubt this use case is just unique to my organization. ​​​​

Leave a Reply